Keep your Sharepoint in sync. Download and try today.
SAP SQL Anywhere Codeless Data Integration and Synchronization
SAP SQL Anywhere data can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various external systems, on premises or in the cloud, using the Layer2 Cloud Connector. You will find a selection of supported systems and applications like Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, CRM Online and 100+ more here.
SAP SQL Anywhere is a comprehensive suite of solutions that provides data management and synchronization technologies that enable the rapid development and deployment of database-powered applications in embedded, SaaS, remote and mobile environments. SQL Anywhere was known as Sybase SQL Anywhere prior to the acquisition of Sybase by SAP. SQL Anywhere data can be integrated with 100+ other systems and apps codeless using the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
Benefits of SQL Anywhere Data Integration
SQL Anywhere data integration via Layer2 Cloud Connector has the following features and benefits:
- Connect and sync your SQL Anywhere data with 100+ other data sources, e.g. native SharePoint lists in Office 365 or on-premises, keeping them always up-to-date.
- High speed of implementation: No programming or tools required. Predefined sample connection templates included. Setup in a few minutes guided by wizards. Remote setup support (30 minutes are free).
- Low risk in project: No installation or customizing for the SQLAnywhere data source and the data destination required. Just install the connector at a Windows server or client in your network, in the cloud, or even at your laptop.
- Highest Security: Connection via secure web services (SSL). Disconnected systems: A connection is only required for data exchange – not for data usage. Users do not have direct access to external corporate data sources. You don't have to open your network for the Internet. The application runs where your data resides today - on a server or client inside your corporate network.
- Highest performance: Can manage very large databases, SharePoint lists and libraries. No SharePoint 5,000 items limit. Can scale-out to multiple servers or to the Microsoft Azure Cloud, if required. No bulk-import as with other tools, data changes are processed only (full CRUD).
- Fully compatible with 3rd-party data providers: Data providers of the application vendors (e.g. Oracle, mySQL, IBM), 3rd-party data providers, or included Layer2 data providers can be used to access 100+ data sources.
- Virtually any data sources supported: ODBC, OLEDB, OData, SOAP, Microsoft .NET based providers, Files (Excel, XML, CSV, Text), RSS / XML feeds, SQL databases like MS SQL, SQL Azure, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, IBM Informix; Notes, SharePoint, Office 365 (lists and libraries), local file system, cloud-based file stores, Exchange, Active Directory, Dynamics NAV/CRM, Navision, SAP, and many more. More complex data sources, REST-based web services, custom COM, or .NET objects can be connected using 3rd-party add-ons. Cloud-to-cloud connections, e.g. to salesforce.com, Twitter, Facebook, Google, Amazon, BOX.NET and others are also supported.
- Layer2 CSOM Data Provider included: You can connect and sync your SQL Anywhere data with SharePoint lists and libraries on-premise or in the Office 365 / OneDrive for Business cloud.
- Layer2 File System Data Provider included: You can sync local files or file server shares with SharePoint Online or on-premises libraries, e.g. for backup, collaboration or mobile access. Optionally, you can sync metadata only - not the file itself. You can link to, for example, your own FTP/HTTP, to Azure, BOX, or SkyDrive / OneDrive to save space or use low-cost Office 365 plans. You can update file metadata based on SQL Server queries.
- Layer2 OData Data Provider included: You can connect your SQL Anywhere data to all OData sources, e.g. Microsoft CRM/ERP or SAP via NetWeaver.
- Layer2 XML Data Provider included: You can connect your SQL Anywhere data to any XML-based files and web requests, and filter results by using XPath query language.
- Layer2 SOAP Web Services Provider: Connect SQL Anywhere to to SOAP-based web services codeless with flexible parameters.
- Very flexible sync options: Uni- and bi-directional sync is supported to and from SQL Anywhere. Execute a specific connection scheduled in background (Windows Service) or on demand (e.g. by command line). Sync all data or pre-selected subsets only. Select source and target folders, make use of additional no-delete, no-insert, no-update options. Field mapping and data type conversion included.
- Process integration: Raise change notifications and start workflows in the cloud, triggered on external SQL Anywhere data changes. Find your data changes in Delve via Office Graph. All features of native SharePoint lists and libraries are supported, e.g. views, sorting, filtering, grouping, search, mobile and offline access, social features like tagging and enterprise metadata, RSS feeds, change notifications per email, or workflows in the cloud on external data change. You can also add your own business logic.
- Mobile and offline access: You can sync database queries with Office 365 / SharePoint Online for data access from everywhere, with any device, at any time - also offline with write-back of changes.
- Additional unmapped "SharePoint-only" columns can be created: Ranking, rating, managed metadata, comments or file attachments.
- Data aggregation: Multiple connections can combine several different data queries into one list.
- Flexible logging and alerts: You can log to files, databases, and Windows Event Log via NLOG.
- Free Shareware Edition: You can test the free Shareware Edition as long as you want or you can use in production with limited features. You can upgrade the Shareware Edition to a licensed version at any time without new installation.
- Flexible, cost-effective licensing: Personal or Professional Edition, depending on requirements. Licensing per installation (no user CALs, not bound to any SharePoint server or site, just a one-time fee - no data volume-related costs). Easy to setup and maintain. You can save SQL Anywhere user CAL license costs by providing the data in external systems - as a synchronized copy.
SQL Anywhere Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector the data source or destination entity must be configured as follows to connect to SQL Anywhere.
Fig. SQL Anywhere example connection in the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- You need to have the SAP SQL Anywhere Database Client for your version of SQL Anywhere on the computer that runs the Layer2 Cloud Connector. You can find the component on the SAP SQL Anywhere Database Client Download page.
- Install the appropriate bit version of the Client. It must match the same bit architecture as the Cloud Connector version installed (32- or 64-bit).
- Please select the "SQL Anywhere <version> Data Provider" from the list of installed providers.
- You can make use of standard connection strings for SQL Anywhere, for
DBN=MyDB; UID=myUser; PWD=myPassword;
To find more information about Connection strings, see the SAP SQL Anywhere documentation for the appropriate version of the Client.
- Note that you may need to start the database or database server to validate.
- Note that you can use integrated authentication for better security. See the SQL Anywhere User Documentation.
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports.
- You can make use of aliases in query to force auto-mapping in the Cloud Connector. See the SQL Anywhere User Documentation.
- The primary key is normally set automatically, if available.
- Bi-directional sync is generally supported. You query must be updatable for this (note that most joins are not). You will also need write access rights for this.
- ODBC versions of the SQL Anywhere provider should also work with the Cloud Connector.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.
Known Issues with SQL Anywhere Data Integration & Synchronization
Currently there are no known issues with SQL Anywhere Data Integration & Synchronization via the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
Step-by-Step Intros For Specific SQL Anywhere Integration Scenarios
Just some ideas about systems and apps to connect and sync:
- Connect and sync SQL Anywhere data queries to SharePoint lists.
- Connect and sync SQL Anywhere data queries with Dynamics CRM or ERP via OData.
- Sync with 3rd party tools based on SQL databases like Oracle, mySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Push SQL Anywhere data to Microsoft Exchange on-premises or Exchange Online for mobile and offline access on any device (BYOD).
Can't find the scenario you are looking for? Please contact email@example.com for help.
Ready to go next steps?