HFSQL Specific Integration and Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector, the data source entity must be configured as
follows to connect to HFSQL:
Fig. HFSQL example connection in the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- You need to have the ODBC driver for HFSQL Classic or Client/Server driver installed on the computer that runs the Layer2 Cloud Connector. You can find the component on the PC Soft WINDEV Download Center.
- There is also an Ole DB driver provided by WINDEV that also works with the Cloud Connector - the download location is the same as above.
- Install the appropriate bit version of the HFSQL ODBC driver. It must match the same bit architecture as the Cloud Connector version installed (32- or 64-bit) AND be the same .NET version as the Cloud Connector.
- Configure a System DSN (not User or File DSN) according to the vendor's instructions. Both "HFSQL Classic" and "HFSQL Client/Server" configurations are supported.
- Please select the "Odbc Data Provider" from the list of installed providers. The connection string will be "DSN=mySystemDSN;"
- You can also use a DNS-less connection string - this example if for the Client/Server configuration:
Driver=HFSQL;Server Name=myServerName; server port=4900; database=myDatabase; UID=username; pwd=xxxxxx;
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports. See the HFSQL Documentation for more information.
- Please make sure to define an appropriate primary key.
- The Layer2 Cloud Connector only supports reading from HFSQL files. Write is not supported at this time.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.