Your pre-selected Samanage data sets will be available everywhere, at any time, on any device, or app with all features provided by the connected system, such as Office 365 or SharePoint.
Samanage Integration with Office 365, SharePoint and 100+
Samanage data can be integrated and synchronized codeless with 100+ external systems, on premises or in the cloud, using the Layer2 Cloud Connector, for example with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Dynamics, Exchange, Azure, and SQL. You will find more supported systems and applications here.
Benefits of Samanage Integration and Synchronization
Samanage is a cloud-based IT service desk & asset management software that reduces time, effort, & costs associated with service interactions. Samanage data integration via Layer2 Cloud Connector has the following features and benefits:
- Virtually any data sources supported: ODBC, OLEDB, OData, SOAP, Microsoft .NET based providers, Files (Excel, XML, CSV, Text), RSS / XML feeds, SQL databases like MS SQL, SQL Azure, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, IBM Informix; Notes, SharePoint, Office 365 (lists and libraries), local file system, cloud-based file stores, Exchange, Active Directory, Dynamics NAV/CRM, Navision, SAP, and many more. More complex data sources, REST-based web services, custom COM, or .NET objects can be connected using 3rd-party add-ons. Cloud-to-cloud connections, e.g. to salesforce.com, Twitter, Facebook, Google, Amazon, BOX.NET and others are also supported.
- Layer2 CSOM Data Provider included: You can connect and sync your Samanage data with SharePoint lists and libraries on-premise or in the Office 365 / OneDrive for Business cloud.
- Layer2 OData Data Provider included: You can connect your Samanage data to all OData sources, e.g. Microsoft CRM/ERP or SAP via NetWeaver.
- Layer2 XML Data Provider included: You can connect your Samanage data to any XML-based files and web requests, and filter results by using XPath query language.
- Layer2 RSS Data Provider included: Please note that this provider is also included as sample source code to build your own provider.
- Layer2 Exchange Data Provider included: You can sync Samanage data like contacts, tasks, calendar events, notes, and email to Exchange using Exchange Web Services (EWS). Exchange 2007, 2010, and 2013 are supported as well as Exchange Online. Shared & Site Mailboxes supported.
- Very flexible sync options: Uni- and bi-directional sync are generally supported - depending on data provider. Execute a specific connection scheduled in background (Windows Service) or on demand (e.g. by command line). Sync all data or pre-selected subsets only. Select source and target folders, make use of additional no-delete, no-insert, no-update options.
- Data type conversion included: Sync Samanage data with SharePoint links, lookups, managed metadata, and more with advanced options.
- Process integration: Raise change notifications and start workflows in the cloud, triggered on external Samanage data changes. Find your Samanage data changes in Delve via Office Graph. All features of native SharePoint lists and libraries are supported, e.g. views, sorting, filtering, grouping, search, mobile and offline access, social features like tagging and enterprise metadata, RSS feeds, change notifications per email, or workflows in the cloud on external data change. You can also add your own business logic.
- Mobile and offline access: You can sync Samanage data queries with Office 365 / SharePoint Online for data access from everywhere, with any device, at any time - also offline with write-back of changes.
- Additional unmapped "SharePoint-only" columns can be created: Ranking, rating, managed metadata, comments or file attachments.
- Data aggregation: Multiple connections can combine several different Samanage data queries into one list.
- Flexible logging and alerts: You can log to files, databases, and Windows Event Log via NLOG.
- Free Shareware Edition: You can test the free Shareware Edition as long as you want or you can use in production with limited features. You can upgrade an evaluation / Shareware version to a licensed version at any time without new installation.
- Flexible, cost-effective licensing: Personal or Professional Edition, depending on requirements. Licensing per installation (no user CALs, not bound to any SharePoint server or site, just a one-time fee - no data volume-related costs). Easy to setup and maintain.
Samanage Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector the Samanage data entity must be configured as follows to connect.
Fig.: Samanage sample connection in the Layer2 Cloud Connector
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- Select the Layer2 Data Provider for XML to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should already be installed. For more information on the provider, see the Layer2 XML Data Provider for XML specification.
- You can use a conneciton string like this to connect:
Url=https://api.samanage.com/solutions.xml?state=Approved; Authentication=Windows; firstname.lastname@example.org; password=mypassword
See Samanage API documentation for the data entity names and views exposed via XML.
- You can make use of all XML XPath queries your data provider supports.
- The primary key must be set manually. The Samanage ID is always a great choice.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact email@example.com for next steps.
Samanage Data Integration - Known Issues and Workarounds
- Bi-directional synchronization is not supported yet, just one-way sync from Samanage to other data sources.
- The API currently allows you to only pull a maximum of 100 records per page, which means that if you have more than 100 records, then the XML provider will only pull 100. There is a feature request to allow the XML provider to use paging, but this has not been implemented yet. If you run into this issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Specific Samanage Data Integration Scenarios
You will find specific scenarios for Samanage data integration here:
- Connect and sync Samanage data queries with SharePoint for better collaboration.
- Push Samanage data to Office 365 for better Office integration, mobile access, online and offline.
- Push Samanage data to Microsoft Exchange for mobile and offline access on any device (BYOD)
- Sync Samanage data entities with local databases like Microsoft Access or SQL Server for better reporting.
Can't find the scenario you are looking for? Please contact email@example.com for help.
FIND RELATED SOLUTIONS HERE.
Learn more about similar solutions for data migration, backup, integration, and synchronization by vendor and topic.
Ready to go next steps?