Keep your Sharepoint in sync. Download and try today.
RSS News Feed Integration with Office 365, SharePoint and more
RSS Feeds can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various other data sources, on-premise or in the cloud, using the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Several formats like Atom or RSS with custom fields are supported. Please take a look here for systems and applications to connect to.
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector the data source entity must be configured as follows to connect to RSS Feeds.
Fig.: Sample configuration to connect to a Yahoo RSS News Feed using the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
RSS News Feed Specific Configuration Settings
Please note the following about specific settings, features and possible issues.
- Please select the Layer2 Data Provider for RSS Feeds (comes with the Cloud Connector distribution package). If it is not in the list, please install from package.
- As the connection string in most cases the Url parameter is enough. Additional parameters are available for Authentication (anonymous by default) and FeedType (RSS or Atom).
- For verification please use url=http://news.yahoo.com/rss/internet/
- To aggregate several news feeds with one connection, please add several urls: url=url1, url2, url3 ...
- Uni-directional sync is supported only because RSS is read-only.
- For data aggregation please make use of the no-delete flag on the data target side. E.g. you can aggregate several RSS News Feeds to a SQL table or SharePoint list with no delete for archiving and search.
- You need a primary key (column with unique values) for the synchronization to work as expected. In many cases the link to the certain news works for this. Some providers also expose a unique GUID.
- Note that lots of systems and applications offer RSS feeds for data integration, e.g. SharePoint and Office 365.
- Many feeds provide a "source" attribute that could be helpful to separate the data sources in case of aggregations.
- HTML formatted fields, e.g. for description, are fully supported.
- Custom attributes / columns are exposed if provided by the data source (not only title, description, link).
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.
Step-by-Step Intros For Specific RSS Feeds Integration Scenarios
You will find more information about specific scenarios here:
You are looking for other scenarios? Please contact email@example.com for any help.
Ready to go next steps?