To connect to SAP C4C the data source entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
Fig.: Sample configuration to sync SAP Hybris C4C data codeless with various other data sources.
- Select the Layer2 Data Provider for OData to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be already installed with the connector.
- A valid connection string looks like this:
- A data query can look like this: SELECT * FROM AccountCollection
Generally, you can connect to Accounts, Contacts, Sales Leads, Opportunities, Employees, Products, Service Requests, Visits, and many more. Please find more details about the OData API and exposed collections in the SAP C4C OData API Reference.
- If you want to write to SAP, in some cases a CSRF Token is required to additionally secure the connection. Please use the following authentication method for this: Authentication=Windows,SAPCsrfHeader;
- Several other authentication methods are generally supported. See provider specification linked above for more information.
- Please verify the select statement. Use the data preview to check out the result of your query.
- You can make use of OData to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For any specification of supported queries see SAP documentation. You can browse OData collections in the web browser. Simply paste your URL from there.
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- You can apply Layer2 Cloud Connector Dynamic Columns to manage data cleanup, calculations, transformations, translations, as well as adding custom business logic using C#.
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this)
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line, via API or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and keep the data in sync. No need to open your network for access from outside.
- It looks like some collections are exposed as read-only by Hybris. See SAP Hybris API Documentation for more details.