Keep your Sharepoint in sync. Download and try today.
Dynamics SL Integration with Office 365, SharePoint
Microsoft Dynamics SL can be integrated codeless with Office 365, SharePoint, SQL and 100+ other data sources using the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
Microsoft Dynamics SL (formerly Solomon) is a Microsoft ERP solution for small and medium sized enterprises.
Like any ERP/CRM it needs to be integrated with other business systems, on-premises or in the cloud, to release potential benefits. The Layer2 Cloud Connector can address this issue with flexible and codeless data integration and synchronization with flexible options.
Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics SL Integration via Cloud Connector
Integrating Microsoft Dynamics SL via the the Layer2 Cloud Connector has the following features and benefits:
- 100+ systems and apps can be connected: Commonly requested data providers are included in package, free vendor specific ADO.NET data providers can be used, as well as 3rd-party providers. On-premises and cloud-based systems and apps are supported. Please find your specific data source or destination here.
- Fast and codeless implementation: No programming or tools required. Setup in a few minutes guided by a wizard. Sample connection templates included. Just adapt your connection string and data query.
- Risk-free no touch integration: Does not require any customization or installation on the Dynamics SL system or external data source side.
- Flexible sync options: Scheduled update in background or on-demand.
- Reliable architecture: A connection is established only for data synchronization – not for general Dynamics SL usage. SL data can be synced to 100+ external systems.
- All SL features provided: As external data is cached in SL data collections all SL features are provided as usual, e.g. views, search, notifications.
- Best performance: Fast synchronization, supports large datasets. No bulk-import. Data changes are processed. Users directly work with SL-cached data for best user experience.
- Highest Security: No need to open your local network for access from outside. Secure communication, e.g. SSL/HTTPS (depending on data provider). No 3rd-party or cloud involved. The tool runs as a Windows service on a server or client in your secure network and directly connects both ends.
- Data Providers included: The Microsoft OLEDB Data Provider is used to connect to Microsoft Dynamics SL. Connection strings and data queries are created inside SL via Quick Query. More data providers, e.g. for ODBC, OLEDB, SharePoint / Office 365, Exchange, XML/CSV/RSS, SOAP Web Services etc. are also included.
- Cost effective solution: No additional Microsoft Dynamics SL licenses required.
- 100% Microsoft API compatible: The Dynamics SL Quick Query interface is used to connect and sync. Several authentication methods supported including Windows.
Microsoft Dynamics SL Specific Integration Settings
As a first step select your Dynamics SL data entity for integration / synchronization in Quick Query. You can add filters and other customizations there.
Fig.: Microsoft Dynamics data entities in Quick Query.
To connect and sync a Microsoft Dynamics SL data entity with other data sources, next connect to Microsoft Excel - just to get the connection string and the data query (you will not need Excel later on).
Fig.: Copy / paste the connection string and query directly from Excel to Layer2
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
- Select the OLEDB Data Provider
- Paste the connection string from Excel to the Connection Manager
- Paste the data query from Excel to the Connection Manager
- Provide a primary key (one or more columns that are unique together)
- Verify the connection
- Take a look at the data preview
- Map your data query fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
Step-by-Step Intros For Dynamics SL Data Integration And Synchronization
Just some ideas what to connect:
- Sync Dynamics SL data with SharePoint or Office 365 for better collaboration
- Sync with SQL Server or SQL Azure for improved reporting via SSRS.
- Sync with Microsoft Exchange (on-premises or online) for notifications, contacts, tasks, calendar events, mobile access and offline availability on any device.
- Sync with 3rd party tools based on SQL databases like Oracle, mySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
Can't find what you are looking for? Take a look here for supported systems or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Dynamics SL Data Integration - Known Issues and Workarounds
- You will find a training video about Dynamics SL Quick Query here.
- Quick Query provides read-only access to Dynamics SL data only.
- There might be other options to provide full read / write operations for two-way sync - but not tested at this time.
- You can use other data providers instead of OLEDB, for example the SQL Server .NET data provider. Please adapt your connection string as required.
- Multiple authentication methods are supported as usual with SQL Server.
Please contact email@example.com for more help.
Ready to go next steps?